2.01.2017

Trailers and EXCLUSIVE Isabelle Fuhrman's interview about 1 Night!


There are only ten days left for 1 Night to come out and you can already watch the trailer: 


There is another trailer out (x) that has different takes and you can listen Madeline Fuhrman's song as the background music. Check it out too!

We have already uploaded all the HQ screencaps in the gallery. Click here or on the main photo.

Because of the upcoming date, we decided to contact Isabelle Fuhrman to get closer to her role: Bea. She is a worrisome teenager who reconnects with her introverted childhood friend, Andy (Kyle Allen). The two overcome their differences in social status one night after their high school prom. The interview we made is here:


Q: How did you get into 1 Night?
Isabelle FuhrmanI got into 1 Night because one of the producers Hans is a friend of mine and he sent me Minhal's script. It was very different than 1 Night is now and I remember we met and talked about it and did a lot of rewrites together. We would talk about ideas with her and then she would go off and do her magic. And one day she sent me the script the way that it is now and I remember I just so floored by how sweet and touching the story was.

If you want to read more questions, click "read more".


Q: What did you think when you finished the script?
IF: When I finished reading the final draft for the first time... I remember I called Minhal because there's a really great link between Anna and Justin's characters and mine and Kyle's characters. It was unlike anything I've ever read or seen before and I really felt like it was a special story that needed to be told.

Q: A line from the script that would describe 1 Night? And how would your character describe it?
IF: "Time is a funny thing" I think that every single person including my character Bea can relate to that. Time goes by so fast and very often you think things are gonna be one way and time goes on and you look around and everything is completely different. That really is what the story of 1 Night is. I think in relationships time is especially important because time can make or break a relationship when you're in it. Sometimes overtime you can grow together successfully and other times it doesn't work . Time can also heal the wounds of a past relationship when you leave it behind.

Q: How did you build Bea, your character in 1 Night?
IF: Bea was a very easy character for me to build because I felt very related to what she was going through at that time. I think when everyone turns 18 and is about to leave school there's definitely a big over hanging cloud of anxiety because there's so much unknown. So I just tried to find those parts of me that were very insecure about the future and what could happen and push them forward the front of my mind. Funny enough this is the first time I ever played a part and felt very similar to a character. But that being said after the movie finished and I played this character I felt like I grew a lot as a person and now would say that we are VERY different.

Q: What was the most difficult scene to record?
IF: The most difficult scene to record was probably the scene where I had to yell at Kyle in the hallway. We had become such good friends and it was funny because I was having a really hard time getting angry at him. Kyle is a very lovable and cool person and eventually we got mad at each other so we could do the scene but I remember it was really difficult for me.

Q: If you had to keep just one memory from 1 Night set, what would it be?
IF: I think my favorite memories were probably exploring the hotel with Kyle, Anna, and Justin. The Hotel Figueroa that we filmed the movie in is actually under complete renovation and is not gonna look the same. So we really enjoyed exploring the hotel because we were the last people to shoot a film in it before it went under construction. So the movie is really not only about time but is like a little time capsule for what that hotel was. Cool right?

Q: How was like shooting with Kyle? We heard you became really close friends.
IF: Filming with Kyle was wonderful. It was funny because he was originally cast to play my ex-boyfriend in the movie and because of circumstances we had to find a new Andy! Kyle auditioned and he was so good! 1 night was his first movie. He is super talented and a very giving actor and scene partner. We also became very good friends. He's a good person :)

Q: Can you tell us about the experience on set with all the actors, director and the rest of the team?
IF: The experience was very bonding I think for all of us. I mean I only had scenes with Kyle really except for a few with Anna and one with Justin but we really enjoyed the time that we got to spend all together and separately because we really bonded as a group. Minhal is absolutely amazing as a director and really pushed us I think to give the best performances that we could. She also has a very deep soul and is really focused on making sure that the intimacy between the characters is real so we spent a lot of time just talking together and getting to know each other which I think really helped the movie in the long run.

Q: Did you tell the director about Madeline's music for the movie?
IF: Madeline came on set and she and Minhal really got along. Madeline played her music and Minhal wanted to put it in the trailer and in the film. It was very organic.

Q: If you had to keep just one memory from 1 Night set, what would it be?
IF: I think I would want to keep the memory where Andy and Bea kiss in the hotel pool. I wanted to do a romance film for a while and it was really cool because I got to be in one. I got to have one of those really special beautiful looking kisses that are in movies. I mean, the pool was freezing cold and our teeth were chattering so filming the scene was a little uncomfortable, but I think the scene was really beautiful and I love that part of the movie.

Q: Would you make another film with Minhal Baig?
IF: I would easily make another film with Minhal. Name the time and place and I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment